Most patients do not look forward to receiving injections during their dental appointment, and many oral health professionals do not enjoy administering them. Understanding this unique predicament, Anutra Medical has created the Anutra Local Anesthetic Delivery System — leveraging the science of buffering coupled with innovative technology.
Buffering is a chemical process that neutralizes acids with bases. Utilizing buffered local anesthetic enables your customers to provide their patients with a more comfortable experience, while also offering oral health professionals efficiency and reliability during the injection.
Local anesthetics, such as lidocaine, are very acidic (3.5 pH to 3.9 pH) — making them more acidic than the citric acid found in lemons and limes. This high acidity is the reason anesthetic burns. By adding the buffering agent sodium bicarbonate to lidocaine, Anutra raises the pH of the anesthetic to physiologic pH, thus reducing the burning sensation of the anesthetic.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Features a dispenser, cassette, and ergonomic syringe.
- Delivers profound numbing on the majority of patients in 2 minutes or less, even on blocks.
- Helps your customers’ patients more reliably reach pulpal anesthesia after one injection.
- Rapid onset enables dental practices to schedule more patients.
- Buffered anesthetic reduces the need for bailout injections.
- Designed to be effective on difficult-to-numb patients, such as patients under high stress; those with diabetes; and patients with fibromyalgia.
- Ergonomic syringe holds myriad dosages, from 1 mL to 6 mL, and features a subtle audible click to provide clinician feedback during administration.
- Clinicians can choose between unbuffered or buffered anesthetic.
- Buffered anesthetic solution is raised to the body’s pH levels and can also be used as a topical anesthetic, allowing oral health professionals to apply topical and immediately inject without the syringe ever leaving their patient’s mouth.
- A simple twist of the knob and pull of the syringe buffers anesthetic on demand, eliminating the need to premix drugs.
Oral heath professionals will appreciate the revolutionary Anutra Local Anesthetic Delivery System, which makes the often stressful task of administering injections both efficient and reliable. This is a win for dentists, their practices, and their patients.
MENTOR August 2017;8(8):38.